Along with Error Code H303, there are many other errors like Error H101, H505 and H202 in the series which shares common reason when you try to open a company file. QuickBooks accounting software provides an easy access to multiple authorized users in the company to Access Company file within the QuickBooks so that they can easily update financial & accounting data and information and thus allow multiple user approach to all the users.
What is QuickBooks Error H303?
QuickBooks Error Code H303 signifies that the QuickBooks Company files are located in your system and you may need additional configuration. Here is the main reason of QuickBooks Error Code H303 and some of the errors we have mentioned above are when you attempt to access the company file and the company file is located on another system. To access the company file, QuickBooks require additional installation and setup.
Why does H303 Error Occur?
The main cause is when you try to develop any connection with the company file.
QuickBooks is unable to setup any connection with the server which results QuickBooks Error Code H303. We are mentioning some other possible reasons of the Error also.
- The Error can be caused due to wrong or damaged .ND file.
- The company files that are hosted by the IP Address of computer or the server which can’t be acquired by the company file.
- No initiation of QuickBooks Database Server Manager Services or of QBCF Monitor.
- Hosting configuration settings results.
- Communication process of the company file is blocked by the Firewall.
- Improper or disrupted system’s network.
QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks File Doctor is a free tool provided by Intuit that helps in resolving the errors like H303 and many other errors we have mentioned above. The tool checks your network connectivity & configuration, company file and other files related to the errors so that you can get complete guidance over the resolutions of the errors. You can easily download tool from QuickBooks Website. Once it is downloaded, you have install the tool and run it. Once you run it and navigate to the company file, it will ask you to either open it on the newer version of the QuickBooks or you can select QuickBooks version that it will flash.
Compatibility of QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks File Doctor is compatible with all 2012 version and its previous versions also.
How to Troubleshoot the Error?
Method 1: Verify QuickBooks Hosting Settings
- Open QuickBooks on the system that is configured for multiple users.
- Select the File on both the systems and click on Utilities –> now, click on Stop Hosting Multi User Configuration.
- To turn on hosting on any of your system, click on File -> click on Utilities -> then click on Host Multi User Configuration.
- Restart QuickBooks on both the systems.
Method 2: Make Changes in the Folder Location of QuickBooks
- Create a new folder in the hosting computer, to give permission to company file, you need to share it (follow instructions flashing on the screen)
- Copy .qbw file to a new folder.
- Try to open company files in multi user mode.
Method 3: Recreate Firewall Settings
- Start system and go to Control Panel.
- Open Firewall Settings in the Control Panel.
- Now, go to Firewall Settings and then select Allow a Program through Firewall.
- Select ‘Add Program’and click on ‘QuickBooks 20xx’ to the exception list.
- Restart your system whether the made changes are implement successfully or not.
What is QuickBooksDownload.com?
QuickBooksDownloads is a third party service provider of QuickBooks, QuickBooks Download and QuickBooks Error Support. We ensure that we provide the best services and information respective to what our customer is seeking for. Visit QuickBooksDownloads.com and all the solutions and errors at anytime. Our Website also contains Live Chat Feature. Our QuickBooks Error Support Team will answer you via chat with all the relative information and solution. You can contact us on our Toll-Free Number ☎1-800-578-7184 and get answers on call. We can also provide you assistance through e-mail also.Leave a reply