In this article we are describing one of the common errors faced by users – QuickBooks Error 6177. If you are facing the same error. No need to worry, I will help you! You are at right place. As our error Support team is always with you to fix your QuickBooks error warnings and codes. You can contact at QuickBooks Error Support Number ☎ +1-800-578-7184.
What is QuickBooks Error 6177?
According to Intuit, QuickBooks Error Code -6177, 0: “QuickBooks is attempting to open this Company file “indicates that QuickBooks couldn’t use the path to the company file. It occurs when using QuickBooks in multiuser mode. For QuickBooks 2009, many causes of this error have been resolved in Releases R5 and R6; including attempting to open a company file located in the root drive or certain network locations.
Why is this happening?
- QuickBooks Desktop doesn’t use the path to open the company file.
- Virus or Malware effect QB file.
- Incomplete installation or corrupt download.
- Another program maliciously or mistakenly deleted QuickBooks-related files.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6177?
Intuit suggests different solutions to resolve QuickBooks error 6177. You may be fixing your error with solution 1, or there is a possibility of trying other solutions to fix the problem.
- Navigate the company file from server to the C drive.
- Open the company files in the QuickBooks software from C drive.
- Make an easily portable file and then save the company file to local C drive.
- Close the company file.
- Restore the portable file from the C drive and save it to the server.
- Select your company file.
- Try to open the file from your server.
- If your error does not resolve even after performing these steps, you must practice all the four solutions.
You can download install and run QB file Doctor. This tool will detect and fix the error automatically.
You can resolve this error manually without using QuickBooks file doctor. By simply following the steps mentioned below.
- First of all delete the network descriptor (.nd) file and from the computer having company file closes the QB Desktop.
- Then configure the QuickBooks Database Manager this will scan the company file.
- Check the access permission of company file in windows.
- If the full application is on the server then perform the below mentioned task. (Optional)
- Try switching hosting off and on.
- Try to open company file using a local path.
- Create a new folder and copy qb company file to this new folder then reopen QB Desktop and try to open company file from the newly created folder.
- Open the company file on the computer where the error message was appeared.
Our QB technical support team is highly knowledgeable & experts in this field. They are well experienced certified with an in-depth understanding of all QB error codes, situation and problems.
However, if you are still facing any issue you can freely contact the Our QB Certified ProAdvisor and get technical help from the customer support team. You can Contact QuickBooks 24*7, a support agency for QuickBooks and get advice from ProAdvisor or call us on QuickBooks Error Support Number ☎ +1-800-578-7184.Leave a reply